The provision of music during an MRI examination is acknowledged as a most useful relaxation aid for the sometimes apprehensive patient. This system provides a high quality stereo signal into the examination room without interfering with the scanner.
This system is designed to operate from a stereo signal received from the line or headset output of any standard CD player, cassette deck or radio tuner.
The Amplifier and Control unit has four phono inputs at the rear which are made active when the corresponding input switch is selected. A multi-way socket links to a termination box which is located outside the examination room.
One cable, carrying all signal and supply connections is fed into the examination room via four appropriate electrical filters and connected to the stereo acoustic converter. The airline from the acoustic converter is coupled to either a noise excluding headset or a lightweight headset (both are included).
The termination box also allows connection to speakers in the examination room, waiting room or control area.
This system can be integrated with the Relax & View® Video Relaxation System to offer the complete solution for patient relaxation in MRI.
The standard system consists of:
- Amplifier and Control unit with on/off mains switch and warning light.
- Integrated microphone plus separate external microphone allowing contact with Examination or Waiting Room.
- Termination Box.
- Stereo Acoustic Converter.
- All relevant plugs, screened cables, etc.
- In ear earphones with 50 sets of replaceable ear tips and headset with 100 sets of hygiene covers
- Microphone Volume Control and separate controls to headset and speakers.
- Music on/off switch allowing selection of music before reproduction in other areas.
- Control room volume adjustment.
- Serviceable parts outside scan room
Optional additional items include:
- Replacement headset covers and headset earpieces.
- Electrical filters complete with mounting plate ( 2 pairs of filters are required to be fitted in the cage wall).
- Cabinet or Ceiling Speakers ( Speakers must have 8 ohms impedance ).
|Amplifier/Control Unit with on/off mains switch||MR Unsafe|
|Lightweight Headset||MR Safe|
|Stereo Acoustic Converter||MR Conditional to 3 Tesla|
We can supply CD Players and cassette decks on request